Work on the Tumacacori Mission began around 1800, directed by a master mason with a crew of Indian and Spanish laborers.
The final phase of the church construction began in 1823. The Tumacacori National Monument was created in 1908. The National Park Service took it over in 1916.
This is a view within the Visitor Center which was built in 1937 with its adjacent museum and patio garden.
A view if the bell tower. A Lack of funds forced the Franciscans to scale back and the bell tower dome was never built overhead.
One of the side doorways exiting the mission.
View looking towards the altar and sanctuary wall.